Thursday, July 17, 2014

Everything is slowly coming together...

My hobby time has been short of late but I am still finding time to continue my work for the hobby challenge I am currently undertaking. It most likely helps that after building and painting up two tactical squads for my Crimson Fist army that I am heading into some Grey Knight allies which at around 800 points worth is a Librarian, terminator squad and two dreadnoughts that will be the next 4 months of official painting.

My Libby is coming alone well so far.
He is the only Fine cast mini I currently own and was bought a few years ago which may explain the few little bubbles that were in him.  I replace his right arm with one from the Grey Knight terminator box and added the storm bolter from there as well.  It didn't seem right to paint him up as a Grey Knight and now have the wrist mounted storm bolter.

After the undercoat I painted him up with Boltgun Metal which had flow aid added to it. I then did a double wash of Secret Weapon blue/black which I really liked. I then dry brushed Boltgun Metal over the mini and they a real dry dry brush of Mithrial Silver.
My standard gold was used and the scrolls and paper are Model Air light brown with a dark sepia wash. I had done the purity seals red the start with but with the red robe the green looks much better.

I have base coated the sword black but I am up in the air if I should be a blue or purple lightning effect on it. I am leaning more for the purple but that blue is nagging me...
I still have a lot of work on him as I need to do some layering and the stone on the left shoulder.  I am also going to base him as I base my Crimson Fist as they are going to be allies but it wasn't quiet what I wanted so I might have to incorporate some daemony bits as well.

All in all I am happy with the Librarian so far..

Will post more as he gets some more work done on him.






No comments:

Post a Comment